The Day Dress | The Avid Seamstress
With a fitted bodice, gathered skirt and optional inner pockets, The Day Dress will be the prettiest dress in your wardrobe.
With three ways of making the front bodice, your options are endless. Have fun making this pattern out of a variety of fabrics.
All views have an invisible zip at the back (we've got a brilliant invisible zip tutorial in our instructions)
View A has a seam at the centre front.
View B has buttons at the centre front.
View C has no seam at the centre front.
Skill level - Intermediate / confident beginner
What's in the packet:
- Pattern printed on high-quality white pattern paper
- Beautiful step-by-step instruction booklet
- Guide on taking your measurements
- Fabric and Sewing basics help card
- Sewing Terms Demystified card
- Checklist card to ensure you have covered everything before starting your project
- Information on The Avid Seamstress
Lightweight to medium-weight fabrics are perfect for this pretty dress. Not suitable for stripes, diagonals or plaids. Always allow extra fabric to match one way designs.
View A & C - Fabric, thread, 56cm/22" invisible zipper, 1m elastic (6mm wide).
View B - Fabric, thread, 56cm/22" invisible zipper, 1m elastic (6mm wide), x6 1.5cm buttons, buttonhole presser foot, 0.50m iron on interfacing.
14/19-23 Clarinda Road
Oakleigh South, VIC 3167
Phone: 03 8566 6725
Shop open hours:
Fridays from 12pm to 4pm