Small Tote and Satchel Sewing Pattern | You Sew Girl
Brand: You Sew Girl, by Nicole Mallalieu
An ideal pattern for the absolute beginner with lots of tips on the basics of bag making and sewing.
Bag size: 19 x 21 x 7.5cm
You will learn the fundamentals of making handbags - including strap construction, boxed corners, simple zip pockets and inserting magnetic clips. You'll also how to vary the original pattern to create your own designs (by varying the straps, handles, rings etc).
The pattern also includes a shorter "handbag"version of the Tote and a satchel flap pattern, so it's actually three patterns in one!
- 35-50cm x 115cm medium weight, woven fabric
- 10cm-50cm iron-on woven interfacing
- (If you're using fabric that doesn't need interfacing to create structure in the bag you will only need 10cm)
- 35cm x 115cm Lining Fabric
- 1 x 14mm magnetic catch
- 40cm fusible wadding (if you want to add a bit more structure to lighter fabrics)
- Poly-boning - if you want to add structure to the straps
- 15cm zip
- D-rings and Slide adjusters (See this tutorial!)
- Template (stencilling) plastic or Fast2Fuse for the bag base.
- (See this tutorial for making a bag base with Fast2Fuse)
14/19-23 Clarinda Road
Oakleigh South, VIC 3167
Phone: 03 8566 6725
Shop open hours:
Fridays from 12pm to 4pm