Hobo Sewing Pattern | You Sew Girl
Brand: You Sew Girl, by Nicole Mallalieu
The Hobo is a soft, slouchy shoulder bag for everyday use. Vary the fabrics, straps and embellishments to make a variety of designs.
Bag Size 20cm x 30cm x 10cm
Strap length and design is variable.
- How to make a zip closure for the bag*.
- A variety of internal pockets (a mobile phone pocket*, a compartment pocket and a zipped pocket)
- How to make a crisp, curved edge at the top of a bag with a professional finish.
- How to make a button loop closure
- How to vary the straps by adding rings or changing the length and width.
- How to sew a curved facing to a curved lining
- LOADS of tips for making well-finished bags EASY!
*The zip closure and mobile phone pocket require intermediate sewing skills, but the rest of the bag is BASIC level. (If you're not sure, keep it simple for the first bag, and then MOVE ON to the zip....! YOU CAN DO IT!)
- 100cm x 115cm Medium or medium-light weight fabric
- 50cm x 115cm Lining Fabric
- 20cm x 115cm Medium-Light iron-on interfacing (if you don't ant to interface the entire bag)
- 35-40cm zip
- 20cm zip for lining pocket
- Large Button (for the top of the bag)
- O-rings or D-rings for straps
- 1m Medium-light iron-on interfacing (if you’d like to interface the entire bag to give your fabric more structure)
- 1 x 19mm magnetic catch (instead of a zip closure)
14/19-23 Clarinda Road
Oakleigh South, VIC 3167
Phone: 03 8566 6725
Shop open hours:
Fridays from 12pm to 4pm