PART-TIME SHOP ASSISTANT
Exciting news! We are looking for a new Shop Assistant to assist with order processing, in-store customer service, and general shop activities.
Our business is all about gorgeous… gorgeous products, gorgeous customer service, gorgeous presentation, gorgeous events, and of course - gorgeous staff.
Over the past year, we've grown considerably, our shop is open now 3 days a week, and we run regular workshops. And now, we're looking to hire a third person.
About the Position
Although this position will begin as part-time, the role is likely to expand. The successful applicant will be required to fulfil the following:
• be available to work part-time, initially 11am to 2pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays, with the option of Wednesdays and Thursdays, or expanded hours as required
• be available for the odd evening shift for Stitch 56 events, usually Tuesdays or Wednesdays, with the occasional Saturday mornings
• work well independently, and equally well as part of a growing team
• prepare orders for shipping
• process new stock deliveries
• general shop maintenance
• provide customer service on the phone as well as in-house
• take orders to our local post office at the end of each day’s shift
I’m looking for someone who:
• loves sewing their own handmade wardrobe, and loves Stitch 56, and can handle fabric well, including cutting straight off the roll
• has experience interacting with retail customers, or similar interpersonal positions, showing great people skills, and a strong customer service ethic
• has good computer skills
• is social media savvy (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter)
• can wrap parcels beautifully
• has your own car
• is responsible, reliable, and takes their position seriously
• has a good sense of humour, is bright, flexible, and enthusiastic
• has fabulous, legible, neat handwriting for writing our 'Thank You' notes and addressing orders
This is an urgent requirement, and you must be available to start immediately, or within a week or two.
Please email your resume, including a cover letter addressing each of the points above to express your suitability, to shop[at]stitch56[dot]com
Closing date: Sunday 5 February, 2017
Email enquiries only.
Shortlisted applicants only will be contacted.
I look forward to hearing from you!